Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Water Girl

Rini had her first swim today at the Grant MacEwan Centre for Sports and Wellness. At first I wasn't sure how well this would work, but that was due to a lot of things. First, wearing a swim diaper and a swim suit. Not something she was used to, and we also put the suit on backwards. Oops! That led to a bit of crying, and she was a little uneasy about going into a big pool. After a bit though she was kicking around like crazy! We even spent a little time over at the hot tub. We just dipped her in, we're not that irresponsible to leave our daughter to cook in 40C water. Just a taste, in and out, but mostly on the steps.

I knew that swimming tuckered you out, but I had no idea what it would do for Rini. After she had her fuss getting changed, we put her in the stroller and she promptly slept for the next four hours!

In the mean time, I need to get to sleep, or I am going to be in attrocious shape for work tomorrow.

No comments: