Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Takes the mickey out of you

Rini had a touch of illness today. Caitlin was a little concerned
when she woke up late, because usually wakes her up a couple hours
after I leave.

According to Caitlin, Rini was rather listless today. Twice she fell
asleep in her arms, and Rini went to sleep at 7:15p. Seeing that she
got up sometime around 11am, and she didn't nap much today, that
little girl had quite the recovery day today!

You would think that Caitlin and I would have used the free time to
ourselves to do something outlandish and crazy that we can't do when
she's awake! I got out the dictionaries.

Yeah, we live on the wild side. Crickey I'm old.

Comic update: We have three story comics and one sketch fully inked
and ready to go. The fourth story comic has been scripted and Caitlin
is working on the penciling right now. Right now. I'm typing and
she's drawing. It's an interesting combonation. Usually she's
reading and I'm writing.

Things balance quite well with me doing most of the writing, and
Caitlin doing the artwork. We both have ideas on what to do with the
characters, but we're just taking it a step at a time. We know the
stories that we want to cover in time, and they will be addressed.
But you can only fit so much into one comic, and we've found that less
is more when it comes to text.

The creative process leaves you a little drained though. After
plotting out the comics, I find that I'm almost at a loss on where to
go next. That being said, I don't think that we would have been able
to get as far as we have if I wasn't pushing Caitlin as hard as I
have. Mind, I also have to push myself, or else nothing gets done.

The secret of life. "Just keep swimming..."

No comments: