Friday, August 18, 2006

I love Aromatherapy

In July, we had Capital Ex in Edmonton (it used to be Klondike Days, and I think I prefer calling it K-Days). While there, we found some aromatherapy oils at one of the kiosks there, and MAN! Are they ever great! We got a Mint-scented one that is supposed to help with headaches (we haven't tried that one yet) and a Mandarin-scented one that has done WONDERS with my nausea! I haven't done more than get dry heaves since we started using it!

In other news, I am two days short of my 12-week mark, and baby is about the size of my palm. The heart rate is almost that of a hummingbird's, according to Doctor Litchfield! Not anything to panic about, apparently, but the heart rate was about 180 bpms!

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I am pregnant, there is a life growing inside of me, and that in about six months or so, that life will become an independent lifeform outside of me that I will need to raise as well and lovingly as I can. With the help of Steven, I hope that we will be good parents, as well as husband and wife.

I've often heard that one of the best things a father can do for his children is to love their mother. I don't think that'll be a problem! ;)

No comments: