Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Crazy Weekend

This weekend was a little bit of chaos and chance. First, David Pratt
and Chantal Bennett FINALLY got married! Their reception was on
Saturday, so I didn't bother trying to book it off, because I figured
that I would go to work, and then go to the reception afterwards,
since work was done at 6pm, and the reception started at 7pm.
SURPRISE! We had inventory on Saturday! I told Dave that I wouldn't
be going, and Caitlin didn't want to go if I didn't, because it would
be hard to enjoy the time while taking care of Rini. And then Caitlin
and I had some headshots scheduled at Chan International on Sunday,
and I noticed that there was a big X through my request for time off.
Turns out we were doing tilts - counting corrections - the next day,
and no one had the day off that day either! Oh cwap!

At this point, I'm thinking that my weekend has been absolutely
destroyed, but I fought to get it in my favour. I mentioned to Mike
that I needed time off for the appointment on Sunday, but I would come
back and help with tilts right afterwards. That he approved.
Inventory, there was no getting out of that, and I knew that I
couldn't even fake getting sick on that one. Miracle upon miracle, we
finished early! We had everything counted by about 8pm, and even
though there was plans to go to Boston Pizza afterwards, I told
everyone that I preferred to go to my best friends' wedding reception.
After I said that, everyone told me to leave. :) I sped home, not
too much over the speed limit, I'm not stupid, and we got ourselves
ready to go quick quick, and we were out the door, ready to go in
fifteen minutes. A NEW RECORD! We missed the cutting of the cake and
the toast to the bride and groom, I'll bet Pete had a few good stories
about Dave, but we were still able to mingle with a lot of the guests.
Some of these people I had not seen in years. Leslie Jones, Robert,
Jared, and Tim Bennett, Ruth Fergueson Whiffin (Doug was feeling ill),
all the guys from Morgan Kern's old house (Mike, Luke, Chris Brooks
and their respective spouses, although Chris and Helen left before we
got there), and even the groom himself Dave Pratt, I had not seen in a
couple years. Lara Litchfield and I got to rub rings, hee hee, and I
was surprised to see Emily-Marie eight months pregnant. I never
thought that someone that small could carry a child that big. Thank
goodness for Facebook, or I might not have recognized some of them.
It was kind of weird because it made me feel old, especially when I
realized that I had known Chantal for thirteen years. We also got
there just in time for the dance to start, and we hung around for a
few songs. Numa Numa was a big hit! In the end, we were all grateful
that we were able to go and celebrate the union of Dave and Chantal.
Still can't believe they were dating for SIX years! That's long even
by worldly standards. Their engagement was pretty average by Mormon
standards, but ridiculously short compared to their dating time. Two
months. I suppose that keeps with the idea that it's a good idea to
have a long courtship, and a short engagement.

Today we got a "Track Pack" for Rock Band, for PS2 no less, and kind
of wanted to get it. Then I realized that I should enact the idea
that I've had for awhile, in fact since we got Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
for PS2. Get their CD's from the library, and go nuts on the air
guitar! As for DDR, the only reason I like the game is for the music.
I thought it would be a great way to get Caitlin up and going, but
turning on a CD and rocking out works just as well. I couldn't find
and Aerosmith, so I picked up Boston and Weird Al "Straight out of
Lynwood." I keep thinking we should buy some Weird Al CD's, but I
just rip them onto the computer and load them onto iPaq or my phone.
Rini likes dancing to music too, so CDs work well. That way we don't
need to worry about her getting in the way of anything. Hard to
concentrate on the dance pad when you have a little girl crawling
across it! I still think drums would be cool to try, but not to buy.
We already have too much stuff!

No comments: