Thursday, July 17, 2008

Relief and character growth

Rini is feeling much better, and her rash is going away too. I was getting a little worried about her bottom, because it was getting really red, and she was constantly scratching. We got her into the medi-clinic across the street, but we need to get a family doctor again. My perscription is good for a few more months, but that is the clock, and it is ticking. Caitlin also told me that we should get Rini registered with the provincial health care. We already have a SIN for her, might as well get her registered with the government completely! So long as she doesn't have to get a chip implanted, I think we'll be fine. That little goof is getting around almost too well now. We are going to have to do some serious reorganization around here. Or we could move. That works too.

Our daughter is quite the character, because yesterday, I had some Spoon size Shredded Wheat for breakfast, and Rini climbed into my lap. I said, "Fold arms," and she folds her arms. Crazy enough, she does it in a formal way, in which she grabs her wrist. She looks quite dainty when she does. The funny thing, neither Caitlin, nor myself taught her how to do that. I used cutlery properly at age five or something and Caitlin sat like a lady with her legs crossed when she was still in diapers. Neither one of us received ANY teaching, formal or otherwise, to do so beforehand. After I said prayer, she didn't quite unfold her arms right away, so I started eating, and she wanted some too. So I would feed her a piece of cereal now and again. By the time I was done breakfast, she had eaten about a dozen pieces. For some odd reason, she won't do that with mommy, but she'll eat just fine with daddy. Then again, I didn't put her in her chair. Life is weird when you don't have a dinner table.

No comments: