Saturday, February 13, 2010

Movie Project: Day 2 & 3 - Tinkerbell 2 & Opening Ceremonies

I am cheating big time on this one here. I know that I said I would get Rini to watch a new DVD everyday, and then do an entry about it, but tonight was too good an opportunity to pass up. Literal history in the making tonight with the Opening Ceremonies of the XXI Winter Olympiad in Vancouver, BC. Right next door! Heck, if we were living in Vancouver, I would have tried to go there! Barring that, we were able to watch it on TV, and we could watch highlights online if we want to.

At the start of the parade of the athletes, Rini was not very pleased at all with what we wanted to watch, and even shut the TV off at one point! She is a cheeky little girl, but when we told her that we were going to watch the Olympics tonight, she ran off to her room and cried for a little while. Eventually she came out, and started loading DVDs in our laps, but eventually she relented and resigned herself to playing while we watched. The only time that she really paid attention to what was going on was when they had the dancing performances, the moment of silence for Nodar Kumaritashvili, and the lighting of the cauldron which had a bit of a hiccup, but was still cool. By the time Wayne Gretzky was headed towards the outdoor cauldron, Rini was randomly throwing herself onto the couch. Yeah, she was done.

The day previous, I was able to sit down and watch a movie with her though. Mind, I think she was a bit more cooperative since she was the one who picked the movie. Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure is not by any means a movie that she was watching for the first time with daddy, but it was a movie that she enjoyed, has some good morals, good music, and has cute characters (fae and fireflies). I'm not sure what it is exactly that she likes about Tinkerbell, whether it's the CGI, the good story, or music, but it has an excellent mesh of them, as well as making memorable characters. This might be due to the Midas touch of John Lasseter; Rini takes a shine to most all projects he has been involved with, whether in a producing or directing role.

That being said, I'm not sure how much she likes Mickey's Christmas Carol although Mr. Lasseter was an animator for the film. Perhaps I'll put that on the list, since I was hoping to have Dumbo be the next feature we watch. The last time Rini saw that 60 minute marvel was about a year and a half ago. I would hope that she would be able to sit through that one at least.

Though I'm not sure how she'll react to the pink elephants.

No comments: