Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Moving House

Our current place was great because it was close to downtown, reasonable rent, and it was close to the LRT which made it great for getting to U of A. But now we're moving to Millwoods, and some say that's a push in the wrong direction, but I would disagree. This building has seriously gone awry, and Caitlin has been badgering me for quite some time to move. The biggest thing keeping us here was the fact that it was convient to get to campus. Now, I'm done school. Not much reason to stay here anymore.

Especially since I heard about the stoned hookers sleeping in the stairwells, and people climbing the balconies to get into our neighbours place, and... it's time to move. This place is no longer the family-friendly building that we once thought. Sure it was great because we were able to have room for Rini, and possibly another child, and that was another thing we were waiting for. We'll take things a step at a time.

I've discovered that our new ward, Knottwood, has some familiar faces, namely a friend that I knew back when I was living in St. Albert. Caitlin also has a friend from her Woodvale days in the new ward. We're also going to be switching stakes, so that's going to be fun. Of course in Utah, if you moved more than five blocks away, you'd be moving out of the stake.

Is a basement suite the answer for our family? I hope so. Mind you, when I find the right job, the housing market might be in a crash cycle, and getting a house will be simple.

Then again, that housing storm might be like the rain we had today. It was bad for a few minutes, and then it was fine.

BIG MOVE TOMORROW!

1 comment:

Budgie said...

I lived in knottwood for a while. knottwood road north to be precise. Not a bad area but I still fucking hate millwoods