Thursday, August 30, 2007

Well deserved vacation

I have to tell you, taking some time off and heading off to the mountains had to tbe one of the greatest ideas yet! It's been three years since I was able to stay in Banff for a whole week, and it's been absolutely wonderful. The best part is that I had some vacation days saved up from work, so I'm litterally being paid to be here! HEE HEE!

I haven't tackled any mountains, and I'm doubtful that I will. First off, I don't have my bike, so no singletrack stuff. Second, I have a six-month old daughter, and she hasn't learned to walk, let alone crawl. However, she has been swimming with mommy and daddy pretty much every day! She's also doing her darnest to sit up. She's really strong in the neck, we just need to work on the abs. Then she'll be up and about, and running, and getting into stuff... Hmmm... Maybe I should enjoy the time that we have right now when she's still learning. I would think.

I'm using the public library computer right now, so I can't post any pictures. I'll do that once I get back. I got some nice shots of the mountains from our room's balcony. It's so nice to be away from the city and not have to worry about getting up on time or getting to work. Hmmm... I'll probably be pretty bored in a bit. And then we'll go home, and if luck has it be, we'll visit Jess, Chris, Ben and the new Orr! I'm still waiting for that email though.

No comments: