Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Great Outdoors

Rini is loving life out in the great outdoors, especially now that
it's warm enough that we don't need to worry about her freezing, and
she is also able to walk around, crawl around, and climb things! The
other day we had a little daddy-daughter time at one of the parks near
our place. I packed her into the Norco Stagecoach that we got from
Eric and Kallie, who got it from the Stouts. It's still a nice and
robust bicycle trailer, just had a few cobwebs from staying in their
shed all winter. We also got a helmet for Rini, but it's a little too
big. I think we might have to find something smaller, and either
return or shelf the one I bought.

The other thing we acquired is a bicycle for Caitlin! I have been
waiting to get this for some time now. We had the room in our place,
because we have that bike rack that leans against the wall. Superb
investment on all accounts, and I highly recommend it to any cyclist
who is tight for space and doesn't want to drill holes in the wall.

Towing that trailer is quite the workout, although I did manage to hit
30 kph, but that was going downhill. My average speed was about 12
kph. Still, it was quite the experience for Rini, although she didn't
like the straps and the helmet. She's going to have to live with the
helmet, because there is no way I can get around that one.

No comments: