Saturday, October 28, 2006

Get up and go home

Doctor has gave go-ahead to go home. Caitlin suggested that she finish the IV bag that she's on. Doctor agreed, but noted the drip wasn't flowing. Nurse came. IV fixed, but slow. Nurse investigating whether entire liter needed or not.

I myself want to get the heck out of here. We've been here 10 hours already, and there are others who need the bed. If it is just a virus, like the doctor suspects, Caitlin can recover at home as well as the hospital. I wonder if we can get Gravol over the counter. Then again ginger is a good one too.

I hope this had not been due to the stress at Caitlin's work. She mentioned that she might have got a bug from someone at work, and that she's been really stressed as of late. Then there's me with my situation at work and school. Doing both has not been the brightest thing to do.

I know I shouldn't blame myself for this ER visit, but I can't help but wonder if it would have made a difference had I not watched "Howl's Moving Castle" last night, and I spent the time comforting Caitlin. I didn't think anything of it when she threw up at 11pm, nor at 1am, but around the fifth time, at 3am, I was getting concerned.

Caitlin asked for a blessing, and I did my best, but at 4am, I was on the phone with my hometeacher. I am so grateful he gave us a ride. I should give him a call and let him know how we're doing.

It's funny, even when Caitlin is feeling at her worst, she always thinks of others. Yesterday she bought a plush puppy, and today she gave it to a little boy who was quite scared and upset. Rightly so since he came in with parents who had been in a collision. I hope things turn out ok for them. The puppy helped, but I admire the work the nurses have done in taking care of him.

No comments: