Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Getting a move on

The baby is getting more and more active now. Or so Caitlin's told me. I have yet to feel the baby move, but I'm sure I'll get my chance soon enough!

We have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Oct 27. I think. That was the date that Caitlin requested when she called last week, yet when the secretary left a message on our machine to confirm the appointment, she said it was for the Oct 17. Ummm... I'm hoping it was the 27th. Either way, I can't go. I'm working that day, and I work in the northeast area of town, and the doctor is on the west end, right by Meadowlark. If I did go, I would be very late for work, and Fridays get crazy. I would trade a shift and work Wednesday, since I usually have it off, but next week, I'm working Tuesday to Saturday solid. Boo.

Something tells me I need to plan things better, because I also didn't go to the first ultrasound. Mind you that was in Sherwood Park, and I was working at Kingsway. All the same, I'm missing important events of my child's life, and my wife is still pregnant! I just hope I don't keep this up once the child is born.

No comments: