Friday, May 09, 2008

The end is in sight

Just this morning I noticed that there were only five rings left on the chain we have on the fridge. Mark and Barb put that together with Megan and Kyra, something that would give them a bit of a counter of when their parents would return. I've also looked to that as a bit of a life line to when they will back in the hands of their parents. This sneak preview has been a scary one, and I've been much more short tempered. Funny that.

It's times like this I wonder how on earth I lived through my childhood. I would not be surprised in the least, if dad contemplated using some kind of military technique to cut off blood to my brain so I would stop screaming, or talking, or doing some annoying behaviour. In the end that had to be a parents greatest reward, knowing that their grandchildren would be a bane to their children.

Caitlin got a bit of an embarassing event thrown at her when she met up with me at Millwoods Town Center. Megan, Kyra, and Rini were all playing on the play set in the center of the mall, right outside where I work. Part of the rules is that you need to watch your kids. There is no one employed by the mall to do that. At one point, Rini fell down some of the stairs, and Caitlin was comforting her, only to have a woman inform her that Kyra had removed her stockings and her diaper. Okay, thank you for the update, I can handle that, moving on. But no, the woman wasn't done, and told Caitlin, in a tone that was none to kind, that this ordeal was displaying bad parenting skills. If I was there I would have told her, "Eat Knives, Cow." Different context, but I'm sure it would have shut her up.

It was probably a good thing I wasn't there.

No comments: