Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sneak Preview

Yes, I am alive and well, and I have forgotten somewhat that I have a blog... Stupid dialup. Another reason for the delay is that I figured I would be able to do updates using the wonderful keyboard I got from eBay, only to find that I ordered the wrong one. Grrr.... I ordered another one, and this time I made sure that it would work for the iPaq 3950. The other one is good for the earlier models in the iPaq series. There were a couple of other things that I wanted to get, namely Sim City 2000, and a Wifi Card. All those things together would total up to somewhere in the vacinity of $100. I can't really justify that right now, not after we went to Calgary a couple weeks ago.

Nevertheless, the title of the entry is to illustrate the fact that Caitlin and I are getting a sneak preview of what life is like with three children. Oh my! Megan and Kyra and Rini are all under one roof right now, and will be for another two weeks. Needless to say, I'm kind of glad when I go to work. I miss the girls, it's fun to play with them on the trapoline, taking them to the park, watching movies with them, but when they are screaming at each other, fighting over toys, and refusing to eat what they asked for meals... Yeah. Makes me realize that we have a long way to go.

That and I need better employment. We had a fortunate windfall with our tax refund - thank you Heavenly Father for the law of tithing - but I know that is not going to last. Ever since Caitlin's maternity leave benifits ran out, money has been tight. We've had to start delving into our savings to make ends meet. Fortunately for me, I think I have a way out for this. I have a job prospect that would pay $40K, and would has possibility for growth, et ca va etre un chance de utliser mon francais. Alors, je veux cette emploi, mais je suis pas sure si mon francais est suffit pour le job. C'etait longtemps que j'etait en l'ecole, mais je parle francais avec ma femme beaucoup de temps. Pas tout les jours, mais pluesieurs que j'ai fait avant j'ai epousser. C'est emploi que demade quelqu'un qui est bilangue, parce que vous devrez fait affaires avec tout de personnes en Canada. Quebec, Nouveau Brunswick, l'Ontario, et aussi de places dans l'ouest.

I can talk french, my grammar is not what it used to be, and my spelling... could use some work. Also, I would have to learn 'legal-ese' en francais, because the work involves claims adjusting. I would have to understand what they are calling about, and then understand whether they are covered or not. The biggest thing is knowing enough french to do this, and I'm a little intimidated by it. Last job I tried to apply for a bilingual position, I failed the french test. Since then, I don't try to put out in the front that I'm bilingual. Trilingual actually, but my Greek is getting pretty rusty. The funny thing is that I get French and Greek confused sometimes. Probably because they are both second languages for me, or maybe because they follow the same grammar structure.

Anywho, I'm tired, and I'll post some more adventures later.

Au revior!

No comments: