Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Intermission #1 - A Moving Valentine's Day

Some people love it, other hate it, and then there are those that loathe and despise the 14th of February. No matter your opinion, we all have our way of dealing with it. I choose to look on it as a time to remember love and share it with those you care for most by showering them with affection in the form of gifts and candy. Kind of like Christmas, but without most any religious significance whatsoever.

It's changed a little over the years, and when I became a father it changed a LOT. This time next year I'll probably be working with my daughter to make Valentine's cards for her classmates.

This year, I just wait until my children are in bed, and I sit back and enjoy some time with my wife watching stuff like this:



We love to laugh and enjoy the company of each other, but today was a very different Valentine's Day. We did the walkthrough inspection for our apartment and got our keys! This weekend will be devoted to super crazy fun time, aka moving house. Shouldn't be that hard since we packed everything up in a storage pod that will be dropped at our new place on Friday.

I have pledged to post once a day for the year of 2011, and I don't plan on having something like a move get in the way of that. I'm just saying post might be a little vapid over the next while.

So things should be more or less the same.

No comments: