Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Creative Physio

Today was an adventure, yet for most people it would just be an ordinary day. I drove to work and was there for the full day. Afterwards, I stopped by the mall, dropped off some mail that was missed in the pickup, sauntered around, then got some milk.

To anyone else, that would be a very boring day. For me, it was rejuvenating. That car trip marked the first time I had got behind the wheel of a car for over two weeks. It felt amazing to have that freedom again, and to not worry about being an inconvenience to anyone. I know that my father-in-law didn't mind doing the carpool thing with me, but it really helps in the long run that I can get about on my own. Not only can I pilot the vehicle to get myself around, I can also drive my family around too. Caitlin and I will be able to attend the Arrogant Worms concert on Friday regardless if my brother-in-law will be able to attend. Though I hope he does feel good enough to attend, but since he's going in for surgery tomorrow, it's anyone's guess.

Also walking around the mall, that was something of a workout, since I did it without the brace. Driving was done sans brace too, since the doctor formally told me that I could not drive while wearing the brace. On that note, he also said that I should spend some time out of the brace to strengthen my muscles. Put two and two together, and I am ambulatory! That's not to say it was a completely painless experience. I paused in stores here and there, but most of the time I tried to keep moving so that I wouldn't have a moment to focus on the pain.

I could take some T3 medication to deal with the pain, but the damage it did to my stomach, I don't want to take the risk. And while it does hurt, I know that I'm working at getting better. Plus, it's only been two days since I've tried venturing around without the brace, and while I was at work, I had it on. Made the work day a little bit easier to deal with.

Movie review to come soon. I know I said I was going to try to steer my daughter away from Disney movies, but she has been reading a children's storybook of Cinderella, and Grandma figured it was high time Erini saw the movie the book was based on.

No comments: