Thursday, February 08, 2007

Deadline looming

Today was a bit of a charge for me. When I got to rehearsal tonight, I was informed that Caitlin thought she was going into labour. However, since she has no previous experience with what this feels like, she contacted the person most versed in it that she felt comfortable speaking to about it. Her mother. I was a little surprised, yet at the same time I was a little spooked. It could happen at any moment now. Any moment. To make myself seems more incompetent, I haven't thought about how we're going to get her to the hospital. I haven't contacted anyone who could help us out at a moment's notice to get Caitlin to the hospital. I don't know how long we'll have once labour starts. Plus, we don't have a stroller, or a car seat, or a bassinet, or a crib mattress, or diapers!

Saturday we are going to devote to adding a bit of sanity to our mental health. Baby is coming, and Caitlin can't wait for it. Yes it will be wonderful to have another member to our family, but more importantly, baby will be able to annoy me and not just mommy, as the situation is right now.

Some other things we need is a vacuum. The Electrolux we have right now is over 30 years old. It's seen it's days, and they were many. The time has come to retire it, and find another to take its place. I did some price comparison, and taken the advise of some people too. I've heard that Sears has some exceptional cleaners, and for a very affordable price too. I was hoping to pay no more than $200, and some of the Kenmore vacuums are $165. We'll have to look into it on Saturday.

1 comment:

Budgie said...

You know my cell number. I'll be cleaning out my car anyway on sunday so I may actually have room for passengers again. If you need a ride, give me a shout.