Friday, February 16, 2007

Fake out

The most pivotal moment of our lives has been postponed. Baby did not turn today, therefore Caitlin was not induced. Reason being, there was not enough amniotic fluid for Erini to swim around and reorient herself.

From here on in, until I get word otherwise, I'm going to follow my wife's intuition that we are having a girl. The ultrasound Caitlin had today also seemed to lean in that direction. Knowing the sex of the baby is one thing, but the big thing we're looking forward to is finding our her eye colour. Hoping for blue, but will be just as pleased if they are brown.

Back to the matters of the day, Caitlin is still pregnant, Erini is still breached, and there was another appointment made for next Friday at 2pm. At that time we are going to see whether there is sufficient fluid to move our daughter into position. Also at this point in time, we are going to have weekly appointments with our doctor to monitor baby's progress.

In other news, my name was drawn as the winner of the Nokia 5300 contest at work. Some time next week I'll receive my new phone, which is very handy, because not only is it a phone, but it also has picture and video capability. Alright, so we don't have a camcorder, but a video phone is a sight better than nothing! Plus, the phone is small enough that I can film and still make eye contact with baby. I've heard that it's not the best idea to film baby at birth, because to baby it would be a bit disorienting.

Can't you see it? "This is mommy. She has bright eyes, a wonderful smile, gorgeous hair, and a splendid complexion. Everyone says I look like her. I can live with that. And this is... daddy? I see a hand waving at me, but there's this huge dark... thing coming out of his neck! Now it's talking to me. 'Look at the camera! Look at daddy!' A camera. Okay. So, my daddy is a camera? At least I have a normal mommy."

I found out about the lack of delivery when I was heading to the hospital. At that point I thought that I should go back to work, but then I realized I need to spend some time with my wife. So the decision was set in my mind. I'll head home, and if Jon needs me to come in to close, I'll do it. When I got home, I laid down on the bed beside my resting wife, and I didn't want to get up. I really didn't. All my energy left me, and I don't think I had the strength to even desire to think.

And to think, baby's not even here yet.

No comments: