Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine Presents




Lots of pictures today. Partly because I have to head out to rehearsal pretty quick, and I have to get back to making phone calls. As you might have guessed, that necklace Caitlin is wearing was her Valentine's Day gift from me, and I worked two weeks on that. Chewed a lot of gum, and every one of my coworkers a piece of Trident, and I even went next door and offer gum to the people who worked there! I didn't count how many I have in the end, but I think it was somewhere in the vicinity of 32. Not enough to make a necklace that could be worn without a clasp, I motored over to Fabricland on a break, and picked up some barrel clasps. They were easier to attach than I thought! And since the necklace is so light, there's not a lot of worry of the clasp breaking under stress.

Aside from the wonderful gift, and cuteness that excudes from it (I mean Caitlin, not the necklace :P), I realized that it could also be something for baby to play with. It's made of paper and thread, so if baby sucks on it, there won't be any detrimental damage to baby.

I'm going to be glad when baby is born, and I can refer to him/her by their name. And on that note, I might get that chance tomorrow!

When we went to the doctor's today, we found that baby was breech. Not exactly news, because that's how baby has been sitting for the past three months. I know that the head is supposed to be in the pelvis, but I guess baby has other ideas. Nevertheless, this has qualified us to participate in a medical study at the Royal Alexandria Hospital to try and reposition baby to the birthing position. If the procedure is sucessful, whatever it may be, Caitlin will be immediately induced. Or at least that's what our doctor told us. Forget deer in the headlights, it was like a frying pan to the face.

My mind was reeling. I texted my manager, told him the circumstances, and we changed my shift to 9:30a-2p, so that I would be able to be there later on in the day.

We then went to my bi-polar clinic and told them my circumstances. Thankfully they didn't think that I needed anything more than the Epival that I've been taking for months. Nevertheless, we made another appointment for March 15 just to make sure that everything is moving along.

Then we went and got a crib mattress, completely oblivious that Caitlin's boss had offered to give us one that she had. Oops. Ah well, we have one that fits well, and now we just need to worry about diapers. And formula (aka backup). And a stroller, preferablely a Chariot because you can also use it as a bike trailer. I know I'm forgetting something, or another. But right now I'm still in shock that as of tomorrow I could be a daddy.

We're going to be okay. At least I hope so!

1 comment:

Budgie said...

ooo exciting :-D