Monday, September 29, 2008

Rejuvination

The craziest thing that happened today was when we left Rini in her chair because she wouldn't say please to get out. She literally sat there for 45 minutes before she put her hand to her chest in an effort to make the sign for please, but she would not audibly say it. I've been told that it's my fault. Whether it's because I'm stubborn to the point that I think teachers are wrong because there is no way that I can be in the wrong, or because I've done crazy stunts like riding my bicycle across Cyprus, aparently I'm the stubborn one. At first we thought that this was a battle of wills and we would just watch her until she said please. Then we get the message from Kallie that she's still getting attention, so we had to leave. That raised her noise output by about 20 decibels. Rini's, of course. That little girl has quite the set of lungs.

I don't know if she gets that from me or Caitlin, or a bit of both. Probably both.

Work is getting a little harried, because we are approaching our month end, and we have to get some of our invoicing done, or else some of the sales agents will not get paid. That would be killing the golden goose, so I'm kind of under the gun here. Yet, the atmosphere is much more calm than I ever experienced at Source. Might be due to the fact that I know I'm not going to be taking part of the Christmas rush! That's a load off my shoulders.

I went by the Millwoods store today, just to see how things were shaping up, because I knew that Mike was gone by now. There was a new manager in place, and I could see him doing well in the store. Also there as a full time associate was Mike, aka Old Mike, from Southgate. He was there on a permanent transfer. There were a few new people starting, but oddly enough I didn't hear mention of Celyne's name. I wonder if she is still there? Maybe I can check it out when I go to HMV tomorrow. Hmmm... I'm not sure if I should go, because Caitlin might get Iron Man for my birthday. Then again, we might be getting Sleeping Beauty, since that will be hitting the shelves Oct 7. Meh. I would like to have Aurora added to the library, but Tony Stark would be an awesome addition too!

That calls for a little air guitar!
Baumm baaaa ber neer neer
Badum badum badum ber beer neer neer!

Hee hee.

Or the Watchmen graphic novel. Or maybe a family get-together. My parents haven't seen Rini for ages now. Uh oh. It'll still be a little while before they see her, because I just realized I forgot to mail off that CD today! And Caitlin even told me to pick up some things at home, which I did!

Well, I am just the fool today.

No comments: