Saturday, September 27, 2008

A return to Geekiness

Although Rini had a bit of an upset stomach last night, she seemed okay today. Hence I was bold and took her with me to visit a friend I have not seen for some time. He was beside himself when he saw the DVDs that I brought over, Clone Wars Volume one and two. We managed to get through the first disc, but we had to get going home by thetime we got the second disc in. We watched up to the knighting of Anikin, but then we realized that Rini needed to get to sleep, and she wouldn't be able to sleep there!

Although the visit was partially inturupted by my rushing out temporarily to pick up Caitlin from the Women's Broadcast, we were able to get some good guy time in. Caitlin is right. I don't spend enough time with other guys. I partially blame my old job for that. Kinda hard to keep in touch with church friends when YOU DON'T GO TO CHURCH! Very glad that my new job lets me attend church meetings again. Have I mentioned that before? Well, it bears repeating.

Another geeky thing I did today, which has been long overdue, was that I burnt my first CD with the burner on our computer. Ridiculously easy, and the only reason that I didn't do it earlier is simply because I didn't have any discs to burn. Funny that it only took a trip to Staples to fix that problem. Further funny is the fact that I worked in a store where we had CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and Lightscribe versions of both discs stocked on a regular basis, and I never thought to dig out $10 and buy a dozen or so. I NEVER bought discs at The Source by CC, and I worked there for two years! That's rather odd, seeing I bought the burner, USB card, memory card reader, camera, memory cards, and a boatload of batteries, as well as a wireless router and card, not to mention a network card for my landlord's computer all at The Source. All that stuff, and I never bought CDs. And it's not that I went and bought CDs somewhere else. I never bought them anywhere until I was done, and into my new job.

That is really weird.

Now that I got that out of my system, I should mention that it was not the burning of the disc itself that was long overdue, but rather what is on the disc. Pictures of Rini, Caitlin and myself for my parents. They do have internet, but it's dialup, and the postal service can get the CD, with 160 pictures on it, to their computer faster than their dialup could. There are actually a lot more pictures, and videos, that I could have put on the disc. Hmm... Maybe I'll burn another tomorrow. The mail won't be picked up until Monday anyway.

No comments: