Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rollercoaster

Funny how life can bring you up and down to the point that you forget that your day has only been 24 hours long instead of 48, 72 or even 168. I've been up since 6am, common thing now with my job, and I'm starting to get used to that. Around noon, I received word that a family friend had died. It was my in-laws family friend, hence I didn't have extremely strong attachments, but my wife was beside herself when she heard the news. Well, not literally, because she was busy comforting her mother when she heard the news. I wished that I could have been there to comfort her, but I was at work and we were in the middle of getting our month end together. That was some crazy stunts. I did manage to get most everything wrapped up, and I got the deposit to the bank, which is a sight better than yesterday. I almost thought that I was done for when I got to the bank and found that the door was locked. Mercifully, there was an attendant standing at the door letting people out, and keeping most everyone else out, who saw that I only had a business deposit and she let me in. Bless you, woman!

Although Iron Man was release on DVD today, I didn't have a burning urge to get it. Especially because if I bought it, I would want to watch it, and if I watched it, then Caitlin and my mother-in-law would want to watch it. I remembered that there was a scene, in the Middle East, where raiders are wrecking havoc. At one point, they are herding people this way and that, and they seperate a father from his family. His son breaks free of the terrorists grasp and runs to his father who embraces him.

I don't think either my wife nor my mother-in-law would react well to that. I can wait a couple days. Or weeks.

The greatest irony is that my way of coping with the news of the passing of the family friend was to bury myself in work. When I got home, I played with Rini for a bit, and then watched some episodes of House Season 4. Understanding and mourning a lost loved one by looking to drama.

Is it the fact that I don't want to deal with it, or that I don't feel I feel the need? I'm not sure. What I do know is that he is going to be watching his family from afar, and that they will see each other again. As sure as I will see my grandfather again.

On that note, I need to get to the temple soon. Thankfully temple recommends are good for two years now. I almost thought that mine was two months expired!

While I'm mentioning things I forgot, I also forgot to get the CD in the mail! I think it would help if I actually stepped foot inside our home today, but I guarantee I will be there tomorrow! Why? Rent is due. So, tomorrow, rent and CD, priority A-1.

I best sign off, or else my day will be longer than 24 hours.

No comments: