Thursday, October 02, 2008

Wow she's smart! Or average...

As I mentioned earlier, Rini can say a few words in Chinese, of which we were somewhat surprised. I'm thinking it's the fact that Chinese is more tonal than english, or maybe it's just the fact that she's working with a blank slate. You would have to forget most everything that you know about english to even begin to learn Chinese. It might also be the fact that it's easier for her to say. I don't know. "Thank you" as compared to "Shieh-shieh" (rough enunciation), or "Ni-hao" compared to "Hello."

I also thought Rini was making progress with drinking from a cup! Nineteen months old and she can drink from a cup all by herself! Wow! Yeah. Turns out that back in the day, sippy cups didn't exist, and kids learned to drink from a cup as soon as they were weaned. Some at one year, some earlier. Crumbs.

I think I'm going to start teaching her Greek.

No comments: