Friday, October 03, 2008

Bigger is not always better

I am currently typing this out on my home computer, but I have it hooked up to a 52" TV.  Pretty cool, when you think about it, but at the same time, I'm not going to do it to my TV when I get home.  Well, maybe, but I'm not going to leave it like that.  The resolution is rather poor since he connection is S-video.  I'm sure it would look better on a smaller screen, and our TV is signifigantly smaller than 52"!  I have it hooked up with the hope of watching conference using the internet.  It won't be a perfect picture, but it will be something, and it will be better than crowding around the computer screen.
 
The only big problem that I forsee is keeping the cords out of the way.  I can see Rini or Aldo tripping across the cables, and POOF!  We have to wait until they archive it online  That would be about a day, but it's better to hear somethings live.  Needless to say, Conference is going to be quite the experience this time around.  Especially since I have the wifi set up Chez Tolley.  We might have an audiio stream running upstairs, because if we had two video streams running that would eat up too much bandwidth.  At least I think so.  I don't really want to experiment with it too much, because we would miss conference!  I suppose we could try during the musical numbers or something.  I am not blessed with the gift of perfect foresight, or else I would be working for CSIS. 

No comments: