Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lack of TV

For the past few days, I've made a habit of going out to one of the parks close to our home. I mention this, because we went to a different park today. We went to the park at Millwoods Town Center, and we walked there. By we, I mean Caitlin, Rini, and myself. Caitlin has been working out at Millwoods Rec Center on a pretty regular basis, every other day. Today was the off day, and I figured that a good walk would do us all good. Why Millwoods town center? Caitlin needed some fabric for Rini's Hallowe'en costume. I'm hoping that she'll be able to get the costume together in the next ten days.

Rini is surprising me more and more each day. When we go to the park, I don't have to watch her that much. Although, I am quite paranoid when she climbs things that take her higher than two feet off the ground. She's quite adept at climbing ladders, or ladder-like things. The rope ladders she's a little shaky, but that, I'm very sure, will improve with time. She has quite a bit of upper body strength, and I say this because yesterday when she was climbing up a sort-of ladder, her feet completely slipped out from under her. I was at little worried, and I had my hands out to catch her, but she never graced my skin. She held onto the ladder on her own power, and continued climbing.

That little girl is going places, and I'm going to have to come to terms with that one day.

But not today.

No comments: