Friday, October 17, 2008

SRIGU

I have heard multiple times that children grow up faster than you
realize. The first time I had one of those, "She really is growing
up" moments was when we were washing her in the tub, and I noticed
that her fingers were signifigantly longer than I remembered.

Today was another SRIGU moments. We went to the park, and the whole
way there she was saying "Paok, paok, paok." She knew where we going,
and she was letting everyone know. Mind, she wasn't very loud, and I
only realized what she was saying in retrospect. At the time I
thought she was saying the french word for "seal," but I figured that
I was mistaken. Turns out I was right.

At the public recreational area, which my daughter refered to as the
Thessaloniki Football team, the first thing she wanted to do was go on
the swings. At first, we went on the baby swings, and I realized that
she's gettnig a bit big for them when her bot got stuck when I got her
out. She then wanted to try the bigger swings, and I obliged by
getting on the swing, and then putting her on my lap. She squired and
struggled, and I let her down because I thought she wanted to go on
the slide next. Surprise, she went to the swing next to me, and tried
to get on it. I helped her onto the seat, told her to hang on - which
she did - and I gave her a push. That was the SRIGU moment. When I
saw her holding onto that swing, smiling and giggling and saying
"Wheee" as she went back and forth, I felt a little heartbroken.

She really is growing up.

No comments: