Monday, October 13, 2008

Visit with family

Rini had a couple of firsts today, many of them centered around the visit to my parents. Today was her first time on a gravel road, which was a bit of a freaky experience for me, but I used the knowledge that I gained from the last unfortunate incident on gravel: Don't go faster than you feel comfortable, no matter what the speed limit is. At times, I was going 50 kph, although the posted limit was 80. I really didn't care when we got there, so long as we got there alive! You learn that when you roll a car on loose gravel..

But, on to happier things! Rini also saw a horse up close for the first time today, and she went for a ride on Lacey Jane too! Bareback riding, and I was walking along side holding onto her, as was my dad, and mom was leading Lacey. She looked so cute up there! I wanted to get up and ride with her, but Lacey was pretty wet, and we didn't have time to dry off my pants. We didn't have time to dry off Rini's pants either. But since the horsie ride was the last thing we did before we left, we took off the wet pants, put her in her carseat with a blanket wrapped around her legs, and turned up the heat. She was okay until we got some dry pants for her at the Tolleys.

The other great news is that while at my parents place, we picked up a bed for Rini. I had completely forgotten that Jess had dropped it off who knows how long ago. But as soon as mom mentioned it, I was up like a rocket and we were taking a look at the bed. It was a perfect little bed for Rini, and we already had the crib mattress, so that worked even better! We put it together tonight, but I think we were missing a couple of support boards. It's not really a huge problem right now, but as long as she stays at her current weight, and doesn't jump on the bed too much, we'll be okay. We'll have to go back sometime and see if there are any other boards out there. It looks like two were missing.

But the important thing is that Rini has a bed to sleep in! No more sleeping in the playpen for her! Now we can save up to get a single bed for her.

No comments: