Saturday, October 04, 2008

Success

Conference went well. We only had one major crash, and I was able to
get it back up and running within a couple minutes. Kind of weird
working with a giant screen. Rini surprised me a couple times during
conference. She actually sat beside me and folded her arms for the
first ten minutes straight! She also did the same thing a few hours
later in the second session. Simply amazing.

The biggest surprise was the announcement of the Calgary Alberta
Temple! Wow! I would think that Jess, Chris, and Liz and company in
Southern Alberta should be quite pleased with that announcement! I'm
going to guess that the next Canadian temple will be in Ottawa, but
then again, I could be wrong. Vancouver might get their own temple
before then. The important thing, for me anyway, would be to attend
the temple here in Edmonton. That was the reason they built it. I
was planning to attend sometime this month, but I still need to get a
hold of Dad. He's the only with the plan, and I think he said that it
would be on the 18th of the month. I could be wrong, but I hope it's
not next weekend.

October 11 I'm helping some friends move, and they have already lost
some of their helpers. That's how the chips fall sometimes.

If all goes well tomorrow, we'll be heading home about 8pm. If not, I
don't know what we're going to do. But I have been charged with
keeping Rini occupied, or else we won't be going home. Caitlin needs
to get her sewing project done for tomorrow, and unless she can focus
her undivided attetion, it won't get done. Sad but true.

Intertesting thing of note. Rini is starting to favour her left hand.
I am quite sure that it's too early to tell if she will be
left-handed, but this girl is quite the creative sort. I wonder how
well she would relate to Auntie Liz.

There was also a talk in Conference, I believe it was Elder
Worthlin's, in which I was reminded about a time I learned true
terror. Kind of silly in retrospect, but I was never quite as scared
as I've been in my life before as when I thought I lost Rini. I was
out front, putting something in the car, and I turned around, and Rini
was gone. I looked on the road, not there. Across the street, not
there. In the backyard, not there. Only then did I think of looking
West, and there she was on their steps, looking at their kitty. I
usually don't worry about Rini, but at that moment, I was in a panic,
and terror was contorting my mind to all sorts of bad ends.

Made me wonder if our Heavenly Father thinks the same when his spirit
children lose their way. He knows how things will work, and he is
eternally patient, but he is our Father, and knows that we can make
mistakes and get lost from time to time.

No comments: