Monday, October 06, 2008

Curious Cllimber

Rini's newest feat is climbing into her high chair. I know, I'm going
crazy about little things, but I keep getting reminders that childhood
only comes by once in your lifetime, and you should treasure every
moment. I should have also mentioned that Rini is now 33.75" tall (or
long, depending if you are a pediatrician), and seems to be growing
more everyday!

I'm thinking that she learned the climbing into her highchair from her
cousin, who is six months and two days older than her, but I'm not
sure where she learned her new favourite phrase. It's still a bit of
baby babble, but from what I could decipher, she was trying to say
"Ready... Set... GO!" The "GO" was very audible, and the "Set" was a
little quieter, but I'm not sure if she ever said "Ready." She would
just repeat, "Shehhhh, GO!" The "Shehh" would stay at the same
volume, but the "GO" was progressively louder with each repitition.
We had to shush her after awhile, but she said it for Grandma over the
phone. I should see if Rini would want to talk with Grammie and
Grandpa. I should at the very least send a CD with those videos we
have of Rini. Although I took them on my cell phone, they are OK
quality, so long as you watch them on a small screen! Our digital
camera can take video, but it doesn't record any sound, so it does not
help for recording any kind of speech development. Maybe we should
get a video camera. HA HA HA HA!!!! No. I would rather save the
money for her first bicycle. Or some kind of prohibitive expense,
like a bed. That's going to be rearing its head sooner than we
realize. I hate that thought. Maybe I'm a bad person, since the
wicked take the truth to be hard.

Caitlin: {Rolls eyes}

My idea is to follow what my co-worker did. Went from crib, to
mattress on the floor, to single bed. Japan they have bed mats, and
even have meals on the floor too. Yes, I know, this is not Japan, but
that does not mean that we have to have everything.

No comments: