Monday, December 15, 2008

Pink Cheeks

You know it's cold when Rini wants to go to the park going to Safeway,
but going home she just wants to get back in the warm house! This
afternoon is was rather cold when we went shopping to replenish our
food stocks. Really cold. Like... cold enough that you run out of
euphamisms to explain just how cold it is! I would like to say that
it was cold enough to freeze a dog to a fire hydrant, but that was
yesterday. Today, it was just plain cold. We were going to go to
Superstore to do our shopping, but when I tired to start Elene, she
chugged. It was not a pleasant sound. Of course, it would have been
smart to plug in her block heater, but I failed to do that, because I
didn't think that we would be travelling out and about today. Again,
I was wrong.

We plugged her in, because we thought that we could go shopping, and
then travel to Beaumont afterwards. That didn't happen either. We
got home, and all Caitlin wanted to do was to stay home. Not that I
could blame her. Did I fail to mention that it was REALLY COLD out
today? I did? It bear repeating...

But the other good news is that I have emerged THE VICTOR from the
battle of the bug. The past three days have passed in a virus induced
haze, and only tonight did I feel like, 'Hey, I don't feel like death
anymore!'

I had the hope to go to work today, but this morning we took my
temperature and thought otherwise. Then, I thought that I would be
able to come in for a half day. Around 11am, I was watching Sesame
Street and my eyes started to tear up. I couldn't tell if I had
forgotten to blink or if the pressure in my head was forcing my tear
ducts to squeeze out liquid. In any case, I was too out of it to be
productive, and I called in sick the rest of the day. I didn't feel
confident driving at that point in time. Then I went to bed and slept
for an hour and a half. In the past 72 hours, I spent more than half
of that time asleep. It was pretty bad.

The crazy thing is that was feeling a little backwards on Tuesday last
week, but I pushed through it. Friday, I was starting to get a cough,
but Saturday, I sat back relaxed, and it hit me with a few days charge
up. It was horrible. But since it was so cold out, it didn't really
matter.

I felt bad that we didn't go to church, but I picked one of the best
weeks to miss, in terms of my calling. We just had a new Sunday
School teacher called, and that meant that we were set for teachers!
I didn't have to teach a class this week unlike the past four! And I
was sick... Of course, we missed putting in our tithing, and we also
missed the pick up for the giving tree.

The latter was remedied tonight after Elene had been plugged in for a
couple of hours. I hopped in the car, she started on the first try,
and I was off to Bishop Morais' to drop off the presents. After I did
two U turns, and went past his house once, I finally found the place.
I swear that the people who designed Millwoods decended from M C
Esher. (I don't know if we should pay for a dimension we're never
going to use.)

Rini was also having a bit of fun with daddy tonight as we did some
Karaoke singing! I popped in HSM:Sing it! and we sang for about an
hour. Of course at one point, she wanted my mic, and I did horribly
poor on the song. Eh. That's what memories are made of. The great
irony is that when I started to feel better, Caitlin started to feel
worse. For a little while she was feeling quite nauseated, but now
she just has a moderately upset tummy. She hoping it's pregnancy
pains.

If there is a bun in the oven, I will be changing the name of the blog again.

Check back soon!

No comments: