Monday, December 22, 2008

Simple things in life

Today, after a crazy day at work that made me realize I need to take
my meds, we went to get some Christmas shopping done. It wasn't that
busy, and we actually found quite a few good things. Mind, Rini and I
had a good time playing in the store. We went up and down the
escalator about a dozen times, and she was getting quite good at
getting on and off without tripping or falling over. I also taught
her to keep both feet in the middle of the step. Simple things, and
I'm sure she won't remember this, but I hope she remembers that I
spent time with her, even if we just went up and down the escalator
loads of times.

I actually got the idea from 'One Fine Day.' George Clooney: "Don't
worry about them, they're on the escalators." And that's what the kids
did! They went up and down the escalators throughout the entire
scene! What are the odds that my daughter acts just like kids in
movies?

On second thought, the chances are pretty good.

The other frightening thing I realized is that I haven't given much
thought towards presents for my parents, sisters, or grandmother! I'm
horrible! And running out of money. Caitlin mentioned that my
parents celebrate Ukranian Christmas, which is on 6 January. So we're
covered, plus I'll have my first paycheck of the new year by then. I
have no idea if we are going to get a Christmas bonus, but judging
from the outstanding accounts that we have in front of us, I would say
that I'll be lucky if I still have a job in the new year!

Ha ha! No, I am seriously freaked out of my tree. Hence the meds.

No comments: