Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter adventuring in Minus Hell Frozen Over temperatures

You would think that cold weather and snow would be the ideal
conditions for some winter playtime. And if the temperatures still
confused Americans, you would be right. But when you get down close
to MINUS FORTY, it's quite safe to say that it's much to cold to do
much of anything except complain about how cold it is.

But we did manage to brave the cold for a little while to go to a
nearby park. I never realized how fast slides are once they freeze.
Rini learned that when she went down the spiral slide the first time.
Good thing Caitlin was at the bottom, because Rini practically flew
off the slide! I was a bit more fool hearty and I went down the
'bumpy' slide. The first drop was fast, second was quicker, and the
third drop I hovered above the slide until I got to the bottom. I
then stumbled to catch my footing and after three wild steps, I did a
faceplant. Caitlin still laughs whenever she thinks about it.

My only regret is that we didn't take any pictures.

No comments: