Saturday, July 15, 2006

Anyone know another word for exhausted?

Because I am, and I can't think of anything else to describe sheer tiredness.

And I'm not even through the first trimester yet!

It seems like everyone and their dog is all of a sudden a wellspring of advice about pregnancy. Some I can tell is good, well-meant advice, but the rest of the time, I'm kinda like "Oooooo-kay, sure, whatever" in my head while smiling and nodding on the outside. One thing I've learned about advice is that if you stop listening, they just try harder and get more annoying, but if you listen and tell the person "Oh really?" or "Huh, I didn't know that," they tend to smile and stop talking sooner. Bonus.

Work is going to be interesting as this pregnancy progresses. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a replacement for my job BEFORE I go on maternity leave. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone who wants to work retail, doesn't want to sell too much, likes to work with the stock, handle special orders and shipments, and basically know EVERYTHING about the store, except for the management parts. Right?

I need food. I'm gonna go have some lunch. Later.

No comments: