Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Starting the preparations

I bought a book today, which I thought would be appropriate for our situation. It's called The Baby Book, and it was highly recommended from a former co-worker. Foolish me didn't realize that the book deals with baby life from birth to 2 years.

Our due date, according to my crude calculations, is March 7, 2007. I could have put off buying the book until next year and I think I would have been fine. Heck, I could have saved some money and put the book on my Christmas wish list. But then I would have to take the Wii off to make room. Hmmm... Meh. I have it now, and at the rate I read books, I should be through it come February.

Caitlin also bought a book, and of course her choice was more directed towards pregnancy. I also saw another book that I thought was hilarious, but puts parenting into guy-speak including 3-month, 6-month, 9-month, and 12-month checklists. Heck, YES.

Cailtin and I are off to sleep now to recover from our aqua-aerobics class. Felt good to swim around! And we got a drop-in 10 pack, so we can go again in the near future. Caitlin loves to swim, and we need a good exercise that will keep her healthy throughout the pregnancy too.

We have a doctor's appointment scheduled tomorrow, so we'll get a lot more info and have a better idea of what to do, what percautions to take and the like.

No comments: