Thursday, July 13, 2006

Now it's my turn

My blood pressure was not taken, I was not weighed, and I was not asked to undress, but I still had a bit of an adventure with my doctor's appointment today. First I was fasting going into the blood lab today. I was not happy! Right after the blood samples were taken I ate the food I brought with me. Leftover Pizza Hut Chicken Deluxe never tasted so good. I did not much care that it was cold or a bit greasy. It was food and I needed it like a pregnant woman needs to pee after an ultrasound. If someone would have been offended by that as I was eating, I would have ignored their grievances until I was finished satisfying my need for metabolic energy.

Briefly about the ultrasound, we have an appointment scheduled for next Friday, out in Sherwood Park, in the middle of the day. A day I am working. The appointment is also at the exact same time that I'm supposed to start my shift. There is an imaging lab at the Hys Center, really close to where we live, but that appointment was the earliest one that was available in the Capital Health area. Time is of the essence, since we are not sure whether baby is secure in the uterus or not. I would hope yes, but we need to be sure. The last thing we want is for history to repeat itself. My manager is really understanding of my circumstance, and might let me have a shorter shift so I can get to the appointment. I would ask if it was at the Hys Center not Sherwood Park. I am not as familiar with Sherwood Park as I am with Edmonton, and we would have to take our bicycles out there so we could get to the clinic. If only we had a car. Maybe I could rent one for the day, or the weekend since the appointment is on a Friday. What am I saying? We need to save money! But we need to get there. Maybe I should return the scooter to get a little extra cash.

No comments: