Monday, July 24, 2006

Bungie-licious

We have never imbibed in alcohol, nor do we ever plan to, and even if we had previously, I do not think watching someone puke would make morning sickness any less uneasy. I almost feel helpless to see my wife on her knees giving sacrifice to the porcelain diety, even if she eats something simple like soda crackers. Caitlin and I are still trying to figure out what she can eat or drink and keep down.
One way we have found to get around the pregnancy axiom "What goes down, must come up" is taking in small quantities of food at frequent intervals. Go figure, that sounds a lot like what nutritionists recommend. We are also considering stocking up on ginger ale. My sister told me that ginger is good for settling the stomach, and she also speaks from experience. Peppermint is a good stomach pacifier too, but Caitlin never had much of a taste for peppermint before, and still holds to that distaste. This is still early and her tastes could change.

The good news is the heat wave is over, so we don't have to worry about that for the moment. We can be very grateful that she's not carrying full term right now! We can also be grateful that the air conditioning works at her job. Seems anywhere is cooler than at our apartment right now. She hopes that she will still be able to perform at her job for a few months more, but if things continue the way they are, that may come to a screeching halt, and I might be forced to do a bit more paid work that I anticipated I would be doing over the Fall 2006 semester.

No comments: