Friday, January 14, 2011

What are you looking forward to?

Taking a break from the Movie Project, I'm going address one of the post a day topics, "What are you looking forward to?" A bit of an ambiguous question, because it doesn't specific the terms of how far forward we're talking about. At the same time, Cornelius Robinson's motto of "Keep Moving Forward" are wise words.

In the short term, I'm looking forward to the Meet, Tweet, and Greet this Saturday. This event is looking be a great gathering of writers throughout the city, and who knows, might give me some good job leads. At the very least, it will serve as inspiration to continue writing, even when I feel horribly tired and worn. Plus, I've wanted to meet Marty Chan for years now. I love his submissions to the Edmonton Journal!

Along the longer stretch, I'm looking forward to news from my boss regarding his old computer. He said he was upgrading and would no longer require his old computer, and said he'll let me know more details about letting me have the old rig once more details appear. One of those details would be the new computer. I haven't heard anything as of yet, but things have been a little crazy around the office.

Still, if I do get the old computer, I might donate it to my friends the Kerns. They got a Mac Mini for Christmas, an older one circa 2005, with a 1.25Ghz G4 processor with 512MB RAM. It's currently running OS 10.3.9 aka Panther, which is good. If it was 2005. In this day and age, the most current OS is Snow Leopard, OS 10.6.3, which is available for $35 at the Apple Store. Which I got for their computer, since their poor like churchmice. All you Mac champions are either snickering at my frustration or gasping at my stupidity, as I set the startup disk for a network connection amoung other silly things. I'm starting to think the easiest way to fix their computer problems would be with another computer! In order to get their Mac Mini in a better operating condition, it would require an upgrade to Tiger, which was released in 2005, and was replaced with Leopard in 2007. Snow Leopard has been released in the meantime, and Lion is going to be gracing us all soon. So where do you get Tiger legally? It's starting to look like you don't. I'm looking forward to when they'll have a computer that just works.

I can think of a number of movies that I'm looking forward to, along with Rini's fourth birthday, she'll be into the triple digits! (in Binary) And I'm also looking forward to swimming with her more and more, especially since she's taking lessons. Is she going to be a world class athlete? Eh, probably not, but she could. In any case, swimming is one of those things that's good to know, and could save your life one day.

With a little baby in the house, a couple of things I look forward to with her. Namely, I look forward to when she'll sleep somewhere other than our room, and I also look forward to when I don't have to worry about her waking in the middle of the night. Whenever that will happen.

In the very near future, Caitlin and I might be moving our family to a place of our own, something we've both been very much looking forward to! Leduc housing recent had an opening in Beaumont, and Caitlin went to see the apartment today. Yes, there are apartments in Beaumont, 2 bdrm, and it would be on par with the apartment we had when Rini was born. The main difference is there is a storage locker, which cuts down on the square footage of the actual apartment, but still makes for about the same amount of storage. Rent will be affordable, and when we have another child, we'll be able to apply for a larger unit. Assuming that child is a boy. And assuming we have another child.

Last but not least, I'm looking forward to sleep. Or a nap. Or just an extended blink.

No comments: